Have you ever wondered how to get your web presence to actually add value to your business.
By this I mean a website that might generate income, bring in new sales leads, strengthen your brand, provide a service, or position you heads and shoulders above your competitors.
Building a new website and taking on your internet footprint is a golden opportunity to make a huge difference to your bottom line. However, for many there is a massive missed opportunity. Instead of turbocharging their business they notice very little, if any, difference. It’s easy to explain this away with explanations of how your business doesn’t have a good fit online.
The secret is to adapt, carve out your niche and execute with precision. Top essential steps for success:
- Define the purpose of your website. Make sure all content, branding and marketing support this goal.
- Understand how your website fits into the digital landscape, and set yourself up for a win by correctly integrating into Google, directories and more.
- Know your customer, their search behaviour, their online behaviour and what makes them tick. Know them and isolate what will make their experience easier, better, faster – you name it.
- Research keywords, competitors, search queries and eek out opportunities so you can build this into your site from the start.
- Invest in branding and images. You need to stop visitors bouncing off your site before they start reading- this is done with visual impact. You can’t cut corners with this. Powerful branding is vital. 0. Make sure your website is optimised for search engines – both technically, on page, and off page. This is not just a case of running a piece of WordPress software, it’s a highly involved process that requires knowledge, experience and attention to detail.
- Keep your website fresh, and be active online generally. Be careful only to publish unique, quality content that fits with your goal and which can compete for top rankings positions – google is now all about quality and user experience and relevance. Invest in quality not quantity -this tip is worth its weight in gold.
It’s no accident when websites do well and add value to a business. Get in touch to find out how we can help you achieve this goal.